This is one of my very favorite salads to make on a busy weeknight! I make this salad when I have leftover rotisserie chicken to use up, so the whole thing comes together very quickly. The combination of moist chicken, crunchy apple, sweet grapes, crisp nuts, and fresh greens all tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing is to die for. The addition of gorganzola or feta cheese is also delicious, but not necessary if you avoid dairy.
This dish is inspired by a salad at one of my favorite local restaurants. We recently moved to San Diego so I no longer live by that restaurant. Luckily I think my version tastes just as great, so I can continue to enjoy one of my favorite combinations!
One of my very favorite dinner salads! Using rotisserie chicken makes this perfect for weeknights.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grainy country-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 5 large handfuls of mixed greens
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola or feta cheese (optional)
- Place all the salad dressing ingredients in a jar or container and shake thoroughly to combine.
- Mix all the salad ingredients with just enough dressing to coat. Serve immediately. Enjoy!