My husband owns a small software company and often has the luxury to work from home if he wants. Although it’s hard not to distract him, I love it when he does! When he is at home we like to eat lunch together after my son goes down for a nap in the afternoon.
We have recently been on a big salad kick and this is a new favorite. I’m glad my man is just as enthusiastic about salads as I am. (It wasn’t always that way! We’ve grown to eat healthier together…) I like to prep the ingredients for salads like this and keep them in the refrigerator so we can pull lunch together in snap.
The combination of flavors and textures in this salad makes it completely satisfying. The little bit of creaminess in the dressing goes a long way and totally brings the salad together. I’m sure I’ll be turning to this salad more with the warmer months ahead when I can’t stand to turn on the oven. I’m already dreaming of juicy summer peaches and warm summer nights!
- 1/2-1 cup flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or veganaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and finely chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a high speed blender. Blend to combine until very smooth. Taste and season with more salt/pepper if needed.
- Divide the ingredients for the salads evenly between 4 plates.Drizzle with a tablespoon or so of the dressing and serve. Top with freshly cracked black pepper and a sprinkle of salt. For this salad, I usually eat 1 portion at a time and keep all the ingredients separate in-between Enjoy!
*This salad would be delicious with the addition of feta cheese if you can tolerate dairy. Most things in life are made better with feta 🙂
Recipe adapted slightly from It’s All Good