I snapped this picture of dinner on my phone last night just before eating. I would usually make it again and take a few more pictures before sharing the recipe, but I couldn’t wait. This chicken was so delicious and easy! You can fully assemble this dinner ahead of time, let it marinate, then just put it in the oven about 40 minutes before you want to eat.
I always love a good, new chicken breast recipe. And anything with olives for that matter! The flavors of lemon, thyme, and olive really compliment both the chicken and the cauliflower. We served this with a simple green salad for a filling and healthy dinner. I’m sure we will be making this again!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon (zest before juicing)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Arrange the the chicken breasts and cauliflower florets in a 9x13 inch pan. (I used a 9x9 when I halved the recipe)
- In a small bowl, mix together the shallots, garlic, thyme, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the cauliflower and chicken. Sprinkle the olives over top. Marinate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook preheat the oven to 400. Melt the butter and pour it over the chicken and cauliflower. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the temperature of the chicken reads 170F. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Enjoy!