You can buy riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s or make it yourself. To make it yourself, place 1/2 a head of cauliflower that has been chopped into large florets in a food processor. Pulse until it is finely chopped. (see the video) You might have to pull out large pieces that don’t get all the way chopped and pulse them again separately.
The leftovers from this are delicious and make great lunches! This recipe calls for cooked brown rice so make sure to plan ahead. My favorite brown rice is this sprouted brown rice.
- coconut oil or avocado oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cauli-rice (see note above)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) + more for serving
- Whisk the eggs together with a pinch of salt until smooth. Cook in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon coconut oil until just scrambled. Remove from the pan and place on a plate. Wipe the skillet clean.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until softened, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the brown rice and cauli-rice. Cook for about 5 minutes, until heated through and the cauli-rice starts to soften.
- Add the peas and tamari and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the cooked eggs, breaking into bite-sized pieces if needed. Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers keep great in the fridge for up to 5 days.
MAKE IT SOY-FREE: Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
- Serving Size: 4