(UPDATE 1/15 – I still love this pasta salad and make it with Jovial Foods Brown Rice Pasta!)
Before going gluten-free, this pasta salad was one of my favorite go-to’s for summer picnics and parties! Everyone always loves it and asks for the recipe.
The creamy garlic dressing is to die for and really makes the salad. I like using the dressing for regular green salad as well! A few months ago I had a dog-thememed birthday party for my son and wanted to make this and call it “PAW-sta” salad amongst other dog things (cheesy Mom jokes..).
Luckily I found a brand of gluten-free pasta that actually holds up in a cold salad! I was thrilled. Nobody even thought about the fact the salad was gluten-free while they were eating it!
Broccoli, artichokes, red peppers and olives make a winning combination, but you can really use whatever vegetables you’d like.
A friend who came to my son’s birthday party remembered this pasta salad and asked that I bring it to a get-together a few weeks ago.
It is so nice to be able to enjoy one of my favorite dishes and have it taste exactly the same!
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Artichoke, Broccoli, Olive, & Red Pepper Pasta Salad with Creamy Garlic Dressing
For the Salad:
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small pieces (I usually blanch this in the water to cook the pasta for 1 minute)
- 2 cans black olives, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- 12 ounces gluten-free penne pasta
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Blend all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad and about 1/2 the dressing. Mix then add more dressing to reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate at least 1 1/2 hours before serving. Enjoy!