What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Paleo Chocolate Coconut Pie
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour, I use Honeyville
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted (I used sweetened, but unsweetened will work)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted over low heat
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 28 ounces canned coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder, cornstarch would work as well
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine the almond flour, salt, and coconut. Combine the coconut oil, agave and vanilla in another bowl. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and combine thoroughly.
- Press the dough into a 9 1/2 inch pie pan. Bake for 7-12 minutes until golden. Cool completely before filling.
- For the filling: Reserve 1/4 cup of the coconut milk. In a medium saucepan, bring the remaining coconut milk and salt to a boil; whisk constantly for 1 minute, then decrease to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot powder in the reserved coconut milk, stirring to make a paste. Raise the heat under the saucepan to high and add the arrowroot mixture, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Stir in the agave and vanilla.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add the chocolate to the warm mixture and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the mixture into the crust. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set, then serve. Enjoy!
recipe adapted from The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook