Chocolate Mint Patty Cookies! Crispy on the outside, BROWNIE-LIKE on the inside, with melted mint chocolate in every bite.
- 12 Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Honey Mints or peppermint patty of your choice (make your own paleo peppermint patties using my recipe)*
- 1/4 cup palm shortening or butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Unwrap the honey mints. Place them in a bowl in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, or using a hand mixer, blend together all the wet ingredients until well-combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop out tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto the cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove the honey mints from the freezer and take the cookies out of the oven. Press 1 honey mint down onto each cookie. Bake for another 3-4 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the pan for 5-10 minutes. Transfer carefully to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!