Recently I was in charge of making dessert for a very large group. At first I had a hard time thinking of something I could eat, that would also please a large crowd.
I love baking gluten-free for smaller parties and when we have company over, but when you are making things in mass, gluten-free baking can be kind of expensive! These Chex Bars were the perfect solution to my dilemma.
I had originally intended to make some kind of Rice Krispy Treat bar for the get-together, but none of my local stores carry gluten-free Rice Krispies! I’ll have to track some down.
These Chex Bars are deliciously sweet and salty! They are swirled with the perfect amount of gooy marshamllow and almost melted chocolate.
A sprinkle of sea makes the perfect final touch. They were a huge hit and something I’m sure I’ll make again. They are also super easy to make which is always a plus!
I try and eat healthy, whole foods and lots of fruits and vegetable most of the time. But sometimes you just want something to sink you teeth into! These will fit that ticket and are great for special occasions. Just be sure to leave the leftovers at whatever event you bring them too.
They are too delicious and addicting to be left around the house! Or my house at least!
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Chocolate Pretzel Toffee Chex Bars
- 2 cups pretzels, slightly crushed (I used Glutino Gluten-Free Pretzels)
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2/3 cup toffee bits
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet will also work
- 1 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Lightly grease a 9x13 or 9x9 pan. In a large bowl combine the pretzels, chex, toffee bits, and chocolate chips.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted completely. Remove from heat. Stir in the chex mixture until everything is coated and the chocolate starts to melt (it doesn't have to melt all the way).
- Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!