I think this dip works best when I thaw the spinach in the microwave and squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible. You can also defrost in the refrigerator overnight, just be sure it’s totally defrosted before squeezing out the liquid. My favorite marinated artichoke hearts are the jarred kind from Costco. Soaking the cashews is really important so don’t skip this step! You can soak them at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. This dip makes a delicious, healthy snack served with Glutino crackers and some carrots/celery!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 6 hours
- 1/4 cup clean mayonnaise (a brand with good ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon artichoke marinade (from the jar of marinated artichokes)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 8oz box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of all excess liquid
- Glutino gluten-free crackers and pretzels
- In the bowl of a small food processor (be sure it is a smaller one so everything blends up) place the cashews, mayonnaise, lemon juice, artichoke marinade, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the marinated artichoke hearts and spinach. Pulse to combine, leaving some flecks of spinach and not totally pureeing.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy! This dip keeps for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 4