This cranberry bean, sorghum and sun-dried tomato salad is full of bold flavors and perfect to make ahead for lunches! If you haven’t tried eating sorghum as a whole cooked grain, it is absolutely delicious! Try it in this salad.
The post was created in partnership with nuts.com
Make-ahead lunch salads are some of my very favorite things! I can usually fit in a good breakfast and most nights we eat dinner together as a family, but lunch is another story. It is a crazy time of day getting the kids lunches and settled for nap/quiet time. If I have a healthy lunch already made and waiting for me in the fridge like this Lentil Salad with Olives Feta, Make-Ahead Quinoa Salad, or this Cranberry Bean Sorghum and Sun-Dried Tomato Salad I am so much more likely to eat something real for lunch!
This Cranberry Bean Sorghum and Sun-Dried Tomato Salad is full of special and delicious ingredients from nuts.com. If you’ve never tried the cooked, whole grain sorghum on it’s own you should. It has such a delicious nutty flavor and light fluffy texture!
Eating gluten-free has definitely made me appreciate buying pantry staples online (I’m pretty sure my UPS guy delivers something daily!). There are some products that I love, but can’t find at my local grocery store. I love nuts.com for this reason! They sell delicious, high-quality products and carry some of my favorites, like the whole grain sorghum and dried cranberry beans, that I can’t find anywhere else.
I partnered with nuts.com for a “Pantry in a Box” challenge for this post. Nuts.com sent me a box of amazing products and with it I created this salad. It was fun to play “chopped” with the box and create something with all their ingredients. I’ve linked to the individual products I used in the recipe below!
This salad is made even more delicious when it’s topped with pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and goat cheese. If you’re dairy-free it is still full of flavor without the cheese. My favorite greens to eat this over are arugula! The peppery bite of arugula goes perfectly with the flavors in this salad.
For the Dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup basil olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon maldon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Salad:
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small mason jar or small container with a lid. Shake vigorously to evenly combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sorghum, cranberry beans, sun-dried tomatoes, flat-leaf parsley and goat cheese. Gently mix to combine. Add about 1/2 the dressing (add more as desired) to the salad and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Salad with keep for up to 3 days at this point.
- Top with the goat cheese and pepitas just before serving. Serve over arugula tossed in a little of the dressing. Enjoy!
MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE: Omit the goat cheese.
- Serving Size: 3-4