This cranberry streusel coffee cake is the perfect morning treat this time of year. Having a delicious baked good waiting for me on the counter is definitely one of my favorite things to wake up too!
This cake is moist, sweet, and scented with warming spices. Chopped pecans in the stresuel give it a nice crunch. The cranberries bake into the top layer of the cake and give it a lovely tangy, sweetness.
This cake is grain-free and refined-sugar-free, but you would never know. I am constantly amazed at how well almond flour and coconut flour work together. Make this cake for a festive holiday treat!
More Paleo Baked Goods:
Paleo Gluten-Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Perchance to Cook
For the Streusel:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the cake:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh of frozen cranberries
For the glaze (optional):
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly oil a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil. You can also use a 9-inch cake pan if you don’t have a springform pan. For a regular 9-inch cake pan, lower the oven heat to 315F.
- In the small bowl of a food processor, pulse together all the ingredients for the streusel until the pecans are chopped. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of a food processor, add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Process to combine thoroughly. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and zest. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the cranberries evenly over the top of the cake. Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the cranberries.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes in the pan. Then remove from the springform pan and allow it to cool completely. If using a cake pan, just allow the cake to cool completely on a rack. Later you can just serve it from the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Place the coconut sugar and arrowroot powder in a high-speed blender. Process until fine and powdery. Pour into a bowl and add the orange juice and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6-8