- 1 cup raw cashews
- 8-9 large dates
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- almond butter
- fresh berries for topping
- Place the cashews and dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water to soften. Place the 2 cups of water and chia seeds in the blender, stir to combine and let sit to form a gel before blending. Let both mixtures sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a tablespoon or so of almond butter in the bottom of 5-6 small jars or serving dishes.
- Pour off the water from the cashews/dates and add to the blender with the chia seed mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until completely smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the chia pudding into the serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve topped with fresh berries just before serving. Pudding will keep for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Fresh strawberries or raspberries really make this pudding in my opinion so pile them on high! This pudding will keep for up to 5 days and makes a great nutrient-dense breakfast on-the-go.