The ONE POT side dish you’ll want to serve with everything! Easy, creamy and flavorful – nobody will ever guess this Creamy Zucchini Rice is dairy-free!
This post was created in partnership with Good Karma Foods.
This is my new favorite side dish! It starts with regular white rice (the old faithful side dish!) and takes it to a whole new savory, tasty level with a few simple ingredients.
Plus this rice is full of shredded zucchini for some extra servings of vegetables.It has all the nostalgic flavors of a comforting french onion casserole, but made dairy-free and on the stove-top.
It’s perfect for serving alongside any grilled meat or vegetable!
The secret ingredient to making this rice so creamy, but still dairy-free is Good Karma’s new Plant-Based French Onion Dip. The first time I tried this dip I was amazed at how delicious it is! It totally took me back to summers at the pool with french onion dip and potato chips.
It’s just like the summertime favorite I remember, but made totally plant-based. It’s perfect for recipes like this one, or for simply serving with chips or crudities at your next party.
- Vegan and allergen friendly
- Lower in fat, sodium and calories than other plant- and dairy-based options
- Contains live and active cultures
- Available nationwide at Sprouts now! So be sure to look for it there.
For this rice you start by making white rice, but with vegetable stock for extra flavor. Once the rice is cooked you stir in the shredded zucchini, onion dip and garlic powder. That’s it!
It transforms the rice into a crowd-pleasing, delicious side that will go with any meal! Be warned, once you have rice this way you might be making it all summer long 😉
Dairy-Free Zucchini Rice
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter or oil
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini, finely shredded and lightly drained
- 1/3 cup Good Karma Foods Plant-Based French Onion Dip
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter and melt over medium-high heat. Add the rice and stir to coat for 1-2 minutes. Add the stock and salt and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and let the rice simmer for 15-20 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the zucchini, French Onion Dip and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!