I am completely convinced that cookies made with almond flour are even more delicious that cookies made with standard wheat flour.
Such was the case with my chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, and now these amazing double chocolate peanut butter cookies! Almond flour cookies always turn out moist and soft, without being doughy.
I have only been baking gluten-free for about 6 months now, but I have to say that I love it! I have celiac disease (as of August 2012), so obviously I’m never going back to eating gluten. But there are so many great options out there, I don’t feel deprived at all!Print
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (or coconut palm sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (see note below)
- 1 cups chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand is dairy-free)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter cups, chopped (I used the Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate kind)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Mix in the cocoa powder until well-incorporated. Add the almond flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups with a wooden spoon.
- Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges. Cool slightly and enjoy!
You might also like my: