Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! These classic cookies are perfectly moist and pillowy soft.
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand use 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cloves.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free 1-to-1 flour blend
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (see note)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, and pumpkin on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and incorporated. With the mixer running on low, slowly drizzle in coconut oil in a steady stream. Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix to to fully combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized mounds onto the baking sheets. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until set. (Do not under-bake or the cookies will be too wet.) Like most gluten-free cookies, these are best eaten the day they are made, although leftovers can be stored in an airtight container. Enjoy!
This recipe also works great with Erin’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend and 1/2 teaspoon of added xanthan gum.