This cookie dough needs to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour (sorry! I promise it’s worth it) or preferably overnight before baking, so plan accordingly. From my experience, gluten-free cookies take a little longer to bake than regular cookies, so don’t be deterred from keeping these in the oven for closer to 11-13 minutes.
- 2 cups (280 grams) Erin’s Grain-Free Flour Blend + 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
OR 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour + 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, preferably in softened solid form
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chocolate Chunks
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer), add the vegan butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Cream together until well-mixed, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Beat to fully combine. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the dark chocolate morsels and mega chunks. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350F. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners. Scoop the dough and shape into heaping tablespoon-sized balls (I use a #40 cookie scoop) and place a couple inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the edges are set and the center is mostly set. Cool the cookies for 3-4 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
*Erin’s Grain-Free Flour Blend: 30% Almond Flour, 30% Buckwheat Flour, 30% Potato Starch, 10% Arrowroot Powder – More information here
*MAKE IT NUT-FREE: Use 1/4 cup gluten-free 1:1 baking flour in place of the almond flour.