You can skip the streusel topping on these muffins and they are still delicious. Without the topping these could be considered peach cupcakes. They would be delicious topped with cream cheese or buttercream frosting! These muffins are best eaten the day they are made. They also freeze well – to defrost wrap a muffins in a paper towel and microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Erinâ€™s grain-free flour blend
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups (280 grams) Erinâ€™s grain-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (104 grams) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (52 grams) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups diced peaches (about 12 oz)
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven 350F. Line about 15 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix together the ingredients for the streusel and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs. Beat on high for 3 minutes until the mixture is slightly fluffy. With the mixer running on low, slowly drizzle in the melted coconut oil. Add the almond milk, applesauce, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined. Stir in the peaches with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into each prepared muffin cup filling between 1/2 and 2/3 full. Bake the muffins for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
*Be sure your wet ingredients aren’t cold or the coconut oil will clump up when you add them.
*Erin’s Grain-Free Flour Blend: 30% Almond Flour, 30% Buckwheat Flour, 30% Potato Starch, 10% Arrowroot Powder – More information here
*For High-Altitude: Add an additional tablespoon of Erin’s Grain-Free Flour Blend. Reduce the granulated sugar by 1 tablespoon. Add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum for improved structure.