Classic pumpkin pie made gluten and dairy-free!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (or evaporated milk)
- 1 recipe gluten-free pie crust of choice, unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the filling until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour filling into the unbaked pie shell – pouring any extra filling into ramekins if needed. Bake for 15 minutes. Place a pie shield or tin foil over the top edges of the pie if desired. Reduce the heat to 350 F and bake for another 40-50 minutes until the custard is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate for longer storage. Enjoy!
If your canned coconut milk has the fat as a solid on the top, scoop the solid/pour the solid and liquid parts into a glass measuring cup. Heat slightly in the microwave (about 30 seconds) so the solid part becomes liquid, whisk to combine. Then you can measure out the 1 cup of coconut milk needed for this recipe accurately.
- Serving Size: 1 9-inch pie