I’ve created this recipe using Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour so I can’t say how these noodles would turn out using other gluten-free blends since they are all different.
Do not use my grain-free flour blend in this recipe. You need a gluten-free flour blend that has xanthan gum so the noodles hold together and the Bob’s blend works perfectly!
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the topping:
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, melted (or dairy-free butter)
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Place a large pot of boiling, salted water on the stove.
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add the eggs and almond milk and mix until smooth.
- Using a spaetzle press, add about 1/2 cup of the dough into the press. Place over the pot of boiling water and slide back and forth to have the noodles come out. Cook very briefly, about 20 seconds or until the noodles rise to the top. Remove the noodles from the water with a strainer and place into a bowl. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Combine the melted butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the cooked noodles. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6-8 (half as needed)