For the Crust:
- 5 1/2 ounces (about 3 1/2 cups) gluten-free pretzels (crush slightly to fit in the measuring cup if measuring instead of weighing)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
For the Chocolate Pudding:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 (13.5oz) canned (not boxed) coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan butter (optional)
For the Ganache:
- 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate bar or 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- One container So Delicious CocoWhip
- chocolate curls or cocoa powder for garnish
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Place the pretzels in a ziploc and crush into very small pieces. Pour into a bowl and add the brown sugar and vegan butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake for 10-12 minutes until toasted. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before filling.
Make the pudding:
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk together the cocoa powder, cornstarch, cane sugar and pinch of salt. Over medium heat while whisking, add the coconut milk and almond milk. Whisk until totally smooth.
- Continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a gentle boil. One the mixture bubbles continue to whisk and cook for another 2 minutes until thick. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips, vanilla, and vegan butter (if using). Pour into a bowl and let cool to just about room temperature, stirring often.
For the ganache:
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave at 50% power for 30-45 seconds, stopping to stir every 15 seconds. Stir until totally smooth. Pour and spread over the bottom of the prepared crust. Let set slightly before adding the pudding.
- Pour the pudding into the crust. Smooth, then refrigerate until set, about 2 hour or up to 12 hours.
- For the topping, place the CocoWhip in a bowl and use a hand mixer to whip until smooth, about 10-20 seconds. Spread over the pie and garnish with chocolate curls. Serve and enjoy!
MAKE-IT NUT-FREE: Use boxed coconut milk in place of the almond milk. (Do not use boxed coconut milk in place of the canned coconut milk.)