Gluten-Free, Vegan Peppermint Brownie Truffles! A rich, gooey brownie center coated in chocolate and peppermint. Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free and so easy to make!
The post was created in partnership with Enjoy Life Foods
If you’re looking for a food gift or holiday treat that is utterly delicious, yet easy to make and totally allergy-free, these Peppermint Brownie Truffles are it!
If you’ve never heard of brownie truffles, they are just that. Little candies made with brownie centers and coated in chocolate.
I made these brownie truffles with Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix and it couldn’t be easier!
I have celiac disease so I can’t eat gluten, but I also have to avoid most dairy.
I know so many families have children or parents with multiple food allergies and Enjoy Life Foods products are so wonderful for this.
Their whole line of baking mixes is top 8-free (meaning free of the top 8 allergens). The mixes are also so easy – you just add water and oil!
I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips in my baking all the time. They are dairy-free, but you’d never know!
These Peppermint Brownie Truffles can be topped with crushed peppermints, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or anything else you can think of.
My kids love putting the toppings on after I dip the truffles in the chocolate.
Happy Baking and Happy Holidays!
Gluten-Free Vegan Peppermint Brownie Truffles
For the Brownies:
For the Coating:
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- Crushed peppermint candies, sprinkle or mini chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the brownie mix, water, oil, peppermint extract and chocolate chips in a bowl. Stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes (do not overbake). Let cool completely.
- Once cool, break up the brownies with a fork, discarding any crisp edge pieces. Roll the brownie dough into small balls. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- While the truffles are in the freezer, make the coating. Place about 2/3 of the bag dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Place over a pot of boiling water and stir until completely melted. Or microwave at 50% heat, stirring every 15 seconds until totally melted, about 1-2 minutes. Add the remaining 1/3 chocolate and stir until totally melted.
- Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate until coated. Tap of any excess chocolate and place on parchment lined baking sheet to set. Sprinkle with desired topping. Let sit until the chocolate hardens. Enjoy! Truffles will keep for 2-3 days in a airtight container at room temperature.