You can substitute the flours in this recipe with 1 3/4 cups Erinâ€™s Grain-Free Flour Blend.
- 1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour (from 1 cup of freshly ground raw buckwheat groats)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (or tapioca starch)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses (or maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in orange juice or water for 15 minutes (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners or spray generously with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until no dry streaks remain. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 the way full. You will have enough batter for about 14-16 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- There muffins freeze very well. To defrost on-the-go, just wrap a muffin in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds or so.