Perfect, chewy molasses cookies! The dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 1 hour before baking. Rolling these in a little sugar before baking gives the cookies a delicious crunch!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup butter (or vegan butter), softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- Raw sugar or granulated sugar for rolling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large mixing bowl, mix together the egg, sugar, vanilla, almond butter, molasses, and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place about 1/2 cup of sugar in a bowl, if using. Scoop out 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls of dough and roll in the sugar. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the edges are golden and the center has set. Cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
*Make these dairy-free: Use Earth Balance Buttery Sticks in place of the butter.
*Make these refined-sugar-free: Use coconut sugar in place of the brown sugar and skip rolling the cookies in sugar.
*You can also make these with 1 3/4 cup Erin’s Grain-Free Blend