These Chocolate Almond Butter Muffins have fulfilled all my healthy muffin dreams. They are light, moist and full of healthy ingredients.
These might look like your average chocolate muffin, but trust me when I say these are anything but ordinary! I love, love easy healthy muffins recipes but was seriously lacking a good chocolate muffin recipe.
These Chocolate Almond Butter Muffins have fulfilled all my healthy muffin dreams. They are light, moist and full of healthy fats and protein. I don’t feel bad one bit giving my kids one of these for breakfast chocolate and all!
I had a hard time deciding what to call these muffins because they are grain-free, refined-sugar-free, dairy-free and paleo. That would make a pretty long title so healthy chocolate muffins it is!
I like to keep my freezer well stocked with things like homemade waffles and healthy muffins for easy snacks and breakfasts.
I also love these muffins because they are so easy to make! They are made with easy-to-find ingredients and only take 1 bowl and 30 minutes to make.I am definitely one to get the occasional (or frequent!) chocolate cravings and these muffins totally hit the spot. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Healthy Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Muffins from Food Faith Fitness
Healthy Chocolate Almond Butter Muffins
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Place all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a large glass bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix to combine until the batter is totally smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated. Divide the batter evenly between in the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!