Ice Cream Crunch Bars! Also called I Scream Bars! Any ice cream you liked topped with a toasty crispy coconut, crispy rice, cashew topping. Easy to make and so delicious!
(Just a note Rice Crispys are not gluten-free because they contain malt syrup.)
You can use any ice cream you like here! My favorite is So Delicious Creamy Cashew Vanilla to keep these dairy-free. I’ve also made these with this homemade ice cream and they were unreal. Any kind you like, as long as there are not big chunky ingredients, will work.
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (be sure it’s gluten-free)
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pints ice cream (see note above)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Set out the ice cream for 30 minutes to allow it to soften.
- Place the cashews, crispy rice cereal, coconut, salt, brown sugar, and butter on a baking sheet. Toss everything to combine evenly. Bake for 15 minutes total, stirring every 5 minutes for even toasting. Watch the mixture carefully the last 5 minutes so it doesn’t burn. The coconut should be nice and toasted.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Place the softened ice cream in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with foil. Place half the crunch mixture on the bottom of pan. Add the ice cream in 4-5 dollaps over top, then carefully smooth. Add the rest of the crunch mixture on top and press slightly to smooth.
- Chill the bars for at least 6 hours until set. Slice and serve. Enjoy! The bars will keep for 1 week in the freezer.
MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE/VEGAN: Use dairy-free ice cream. Swap out the butter for Earth Balance Buttery sticks.
- Serving Size: 8