The flavor of this soup will depend on what spaghetti sauce you use so pick a good one! You may need to add 1/2 teaspoon or so of sugar depending on what sauce you use. I like to use Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce. I also like to use these gluten-free brown rice lasagna noodles.
For the Soup:
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1lb ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 26oz jar spaghetti sauce (I use Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil Sauce)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, diced
- 6oz gluten-free lasagna noodles (a little more than half the package – just eyeball it)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
For the Cheese Mixture:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Press the SAUTE button on the instant pot and let preheat for 1-2 minutes. Add the olive oil, onion and carrot. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking into small pieces with a spoon, until no longer pink. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce, and chicken stock and stir to combine. Break the lasagna noodles in half and add to the pot along with the zucchini.
- Close the instant pot and press MANUAL and set timer for 14 minutes. When the time is up do quick release to let out the pressure. Stir in the mozzarella and spinach.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta, parmesan and salt. Mix to combine. Serve the soup with a dollop of the cheese mixture. (I like to put a little on the bottom of the bowl too.) Enjoy!
MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE: This soup is just as good if you don’t add the cheese!