My husband and I are big burger fans. One of our favorite restaurants used to be a sliders joint where you could pick 2 or 3 different mini sliders served up with the most delicious shoestring fries. This dish is inspired by my very favorite slider at that restaurant.
I am a girl who loves BBQ sauce on my burgers! And who doesn’t love bacon, avocado, and caramelized onions?
I like to sprinkle each slider with a bit of feta or blue cheese. These sliders are so flavorful, you won’t miss the bun. I like to serve them on a leaf of butter lettuce.
So as you shape the patties keep in mind each should fit inside a butter (also called bib) lettuce leaf.
These little guys are great for summer cook outs and parties! You can set out all the toppings (and add more of your own favorites!) and make a little build-own-sliders station.
If you follow the paleo diet, just be sure you make or pick a BBQ sauce that works for you.Print
Sliders so flavorful – you never miss the bun.
- 1 large Spanish onion
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- Bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 head of butter lettuce, rinsed
- 2 avocados, sliced into thin strips
- BBQ Sauce
- Feta or Blue Cheese for sprinkling (optional)
- I caramelize the onion using this tutorial . This part takes the longest, but you can do it ahead of time and keep the caramelized onions in the fridge until serving.
- Divide the beef into 2-inch size patties of equal thickness. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Oil the grate and cook the sliders for about 4 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes. Alternatively you can cook the sliders in a hot cast iron skillet with a touch of oil for the same amount of time per side.
- To assemble the sliders, lay a piece of butter lettuce down. Place the patty on the lettuce then top with the BBQ sauce, caramelized onion, bacon, and avocado. Sprinkle with a bit of cheese if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Source: Meaningful Eats Original Recipe