For the Potatoes:
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small or 1/2 a large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne
For the Eggs:
- 12 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- hot sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Place the potatoes, onion, green pepper, and red pepper on a large baking sheet. Pout over the oil then sprinkle over the seasonings. Mix well to evenly combine and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until golden and tender, stirring every 15 minutes for even browning. (The potatoes like to stick to the pan, so I find that using a metal spatula with a sharp edge helps me get underneath them without breaking off their crispy parts.)
- Allow the potatoes to cool slightly while you make the scrambled eggs. Beat the eggs together until smooth and pour into a pan set over medium-low heat. Add the butter and cook until the butter is melted and the eggs are just set. (Don’t overcook the eggs here if you’re planning on reheating them later.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potatoes and eggs between 6 individual containers. Top with cheese if desired.
- When ready to eat, reheat the eggs/potatoes in the microwave on 50% power for 1-1 1/2 minutes. Top with hot sauce and serve. Egg/potato bowls will keep for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE: Omit the butter and skip the cheese.