Homemade Paleo Peppermint Patties. So EASY to make and refined-sugar-free. Perfect for gift giving!
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- In a food processor, process the shredded coconut about 30 seconds until it is very fine. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and peppermint extract. Process until about 30 seconds until a smooth paste has formed.
- Shape the paste into about 1 1/2 inch size rounds and place on a cookie sheet. Place the rounds in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium power or over a double boiler. Remove the shaped patties from the freezer and coat in chocolate. Allow the chocolate to cool and harden before serving. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.