An easy, weeknight dinner that’s full of flavor! Made with Zatarain’s easy parmesan garlic rice, This meal only takes 20 minutes to get on the table!
This post was created in partnership with Zatarain’s.
If you’re like me, you can never have enough easy, healthy dinner recipes! During the school year I’m always looking for ways to get a quick, kid-approved dinner on the table.
Zatarain’s NEW Garden District Kitchen brown rice and bean mixes cook up in under 10 minutes, making them a great option for busy nights! My kids especially love the Parmesan Garlic flavor.
Zatarain’s rice mixes are packed with plant-based protein and fiber, delivering at least 9 grams of protein and 11 grams of fiber per serving.
Full of New Orleans flavor, all five varieties are also gluten free, contain no artificial flavors, colors, and no added MSG. They make a great base for a delicious and filling meal.
While the rice is cooking, I like to sauté up a quick sausage zucchini hash. Andouille sausage is the perfect complement to the flavors of the rice mix.
I add some of my kids’ favorite vegetables and serve it over the rice. It makes for a flavorful, healthy dinner my kids will actually eat! The leftovers also keep great for a packed lunch the next day.
If you’re looking for a quick, weeknight dinner to add to your rotation, try this meal!
Try other great Garden District flavors like Lemon Butter and Herb Brown Rice with White Beans. All Zatarain’s Garden District Rice Mixes are available nationwide, so be sure to stock up for easy dinners to come!
Sausage Zucchini Hash
For the Rice:
- 1 box Zatarain'sⓇ Garden District Kitchen Parmesan Garlic Brown Rice With White Beans
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the Sausage Zucchini Hash:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 shallots, diced
- 1 zucchini, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow squash, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 Zatarain'sⓇ Andouille Sausage, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Prepare the rice according to package instructions. Let sit for 5 minutes after cooking then fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare the hash. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, shallot, zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and sausage. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables soften and the sausage starts to brown. Add the garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Cook for another minute.
- Serve the hash over the prepared rice. Enjoy!