Thai Chicken & Sweet Potato Mason Jar Salads! Easy, delicious and prep for meal prep for the week.
For the Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 4 thin chicken breasts (or 3-4 chicken breast filets)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- curry powder
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- salt & pepper
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2/3 cup olive oil
For the Salads:
- thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded and sliced)
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- mixed greens
- For the Chicken: Heat the avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and curry powder. Cook the chicken on each side for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool, then slice into thin strips.
- For the Sweet Potatoes: Heat the avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium heat (I like to use cast iron or non-stick for this). Add the sweet potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 7-9 minutes until soft, stirring often.
- For the dressing: Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a small food processor. Process until smooth. With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil until incorporated. Alternatively you can add all the ingredients to a jar and shake to combine.
- To Assemble the salads: Divide the salad dressing up evenly between 4 large mason jars. Divide the chicken up and add on top of the dressing. Add the vegetables in this order: sweet potatoes, red cabbage, coconut, cucumbers, greens.
- Add lids (I like these plastic mason jar lids) and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To serve simply pour the salad onto a plate and mix with the dressing. Enjoy!