The Best Gluten-Free Banana Bread! EASY to make with perfect texture and delicious flavor!
- 1 cup gluten-free 1-to-1 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening or butter (I use palm shortening)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, blueberries or chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Mash the bananas together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, add the shortening and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and combined. Add the eggs, vanilla and almond milk and beat for 1-2 minutes until light and combined.
Add the 1/2 the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add half the bananas and mix to combine. Repeat with the other 1/2 dry ingredients and bananas. (Adding them alternately helps the batter hydrate.) Fold in any mix-ins with a spatula.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Cool for five minutes in the pan. Gently turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely. Enjoy! Store covered at room temperature.