The Best Gluten-Free Cinnamon Toast! The magic is in the method. Baking cinnamon toast in the oven makes the most delicious, caramelized cinnamon toast ever!
This post was created in partnership with Canyon Bakehouse.
Growing up my Dad would keep a little glass bowl of cinnamon sugar on the counter for cinnamon toast. I used to think cinnamon toast was simply buttered toast sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar. Delicious – but nothing to write home about.
Enter the ultimate cinnamon toast.
This isn’t just bread with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top – it’s cinnamon toast where each piece is spread with cinnamon sugar butter and caramelized to perfection. The perfect breakfast treat for any occasion!
The magic of this gluten-free cinnamon toast is in the method. You mix together a cinnamon sugar spread then lather it on the bread.
Then you bake the slices for 10 minutes so the cinnamon sugar soaks into each slice and finish the toast off by caramelizing it for a minute under the broiler. Each slice is golden, crispy and delicious. True cinnamon toast heaven!
To make the best gluten-free cinnamon toast you have to start with the best gluten-free bread. Canyon Bakehouse Heritage loaf is perfect for this toast because of its big slices and soft texture. It is just what you need to reunite a gluten-free friend with a childhood favorite.
Right now Canyon Bakehouse is giving away free loaves of their delicious bread for their Reunite with Bread campaign.
All you have to do is go to the their site and sign up a friend who needs to be reunited with bread! Both you and your friend will get a coupons for a free loaf of bread.
Cheers for free bread! And hooray for gluten-free cinnamon toast. Now you’ll know just what to make with your free loaf of bread 😉Print
- 1 stick vegan butter (I use Earth Balance) or regular butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Bread – Honey White or Whole Grain
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl combine the vegan butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Spread several slices of bread with a generous scoop of cinnamon butter. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for about 1 minute until bubbly and caramelized. Enjoy!