Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
A chocolate avocado smoothie is creamy and delicious way to start your day! Make this healthy smoothie for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 2 cups almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2-3 dates (or 2-3 tablespoons honey)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (or chia seeds)
MAKE IT NUT-FREE: Use coconut or oat milk and swap out the nut-butter for sunflower seed butter.
You can use fresh or frozen banana. If you use frozen banana you may want to reduce the amount of ice.
- A scoop of your favorite protein powder
- A handful of greens (like spinach or baby kale!)
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 333mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 406mg | Iron: 2.1mg