Sweet Potato Soup
This roasted sweet potato soup recipe is EASY, silky and flavorful. Make this dish in under an hour with just a few simple steps!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 sweet onion cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Soup:
- 4 cups chicken stock (1 quart) or vegetable stock
- ½ cup coconut milk
- salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a large sheet tray, toss the cubed sweet potatoes and onion with the spices and olive oil. Spread into an even layer and roast for 35-40 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft and fork tender.
Combine the roasted vegetable in the blender with the stock/broth and coconut milk. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Adjust thickness to your liking with a little water or more stock if desired. Once blended, heat in a saucepan if needed. Serve and enjoy!
Use sweet potatoes with darker skin and orange flesh for this recipe.
- Sweet Onion – Sweet onion adds another level of flavor/sweetness so this soup.
- Stock – Vegetable stock can be used as a vegetarian option.
- Coconut Milk – Full-fat canned coconut milk will give you the best consistency.
Calories: 288.36kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.75g | Protein: 7.42g | Fat: 10.86g | Saturated Fat: 4.77g | Cholesterol: 4.8mg | Sodium: 524.22mg | Potassium: 797.62mg | Fiber: 5.44g | Sugar: 11.7g | Vitamin A: 21648.06IU | Vitamin C: 6.79mg | Calcium: 70.12mg | Iron: 2.25mg