Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread (Amazing & Easy!)
This gluten-free bread recipe makes a soft, tender and healthy loaf that’s perfect for sandwiches, toast and more! It has delicious flavor and texture every time. You’ll never need to try another recipe!
Servings 8 slices (1 loaf)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup butter or olive oil
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
In measuring cup, combine the warm water, flaxseed and psyllium husk powder. Whisk until smooth and let sit for 1-2 minutes before adding to the dry ingredients.
With the mixer running on low, add the psyllium husk mixture along with the eggs, honey and butter. Increase the speed to medium-high speed and beat for 6 minutes.
Scoop the batter and smooth into a grease 9x5 pan. Let rise in a warm spot for 45-60 minutes. The bread will not double in size but should rise a few inches.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Bake the bread for 35-45 minutes, until the internal temperature registers 200F on an instant-read thermometer or until the top is golden and seems firm when tapped.
Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool for at least another 20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
MAKE IT DAIRY-FREE: Substitute the butter for olive oil or oil of choice
This recipe will not work without the eggs, unfortunately.
- I recommend using a high, quality gluten-free all-purpose flour for gluten-free baking. For best results, pick a blend that contains xanthan gum or another binder.
- Be sure to carefully measure the dry ingredients so you get the right amounts.
- Bake the bread in a glass loaf pan. This helps it rise and brown properly.
- Let the bread rise for the right amount of time. If the bread rises for too long it may sink slightly in the middle once it’s baked.
Calories: 223.37kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.38g | Protein: 6.93g | Fat: 12.84g | Saturated Fat: 4.77g | Cholesterol: 76.63mg | Sodium: 370.81mg | Potassium: 106.24mg | Fiber: 2.79g | Sugar: 4.8g | Vitamin A: 266.37IU | Calcium: 38.02mg | Iron: 1.45mg