These might look like your average chocolate muffin, but trust me when I say these are anything but ordinary! I love, love easy healthy muffins recipes but was seriously lacking a good chocolate muffin recipe.
These Chocolate Almond Butter Muffins have fulfilled all my healthy muffin dreams. They are light, moist and full of healthy fats and protein. I don’t feel bad one bit giving my kids one of these for breakfast chocolate and all!
I had a hard time deciding what to call these muffins because they are grain-free, refined-sugar-free, dairy-free and paleo. That would make a pretty long title so healthy chocolate muffins it is!
I like to keep my freezer well stocked with things like homemade waffles and healthy muffins for easy snacks and breakfasts.
I also love these muffins because they are so easy to make! They are made with easy-to-find ingredients and only take 1 bowl and 30 minutes to make. I am definitely one to get the occasional (or frequent!) chocolate cravings and these muffins totally hit the spot. I hope you love them as much as we do!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Place all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a large glass bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix to combine until the batter is totally smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated. Divide the batter evenly between in the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!