Grain-Free Buckwheat Morning Glory Muffins
You can substitute the flours in this recipe with 1 3/4 cups Erinâ€™s Grain-Free Flour Blend
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Cool time 10 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 16 servings
- 1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour from 1 cup of freshly ground raw buckwheat groats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup raisins soaked in orange juice or water for 15 minutes (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners or spray generously with cooking spray.
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until no dry streaks remain. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 the way full. You will have enough batter for about 14-16 muffins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
There muffins freeze very well. To defrost on-the-go, just wrap a muffin in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds or so.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 14% | Vitamin C: 1% | Calcium: 5.9% | Iron: 7.4%