50/50 Cauli-Brown Rice Fried Rice! An easy fried rice made of 1/2 cooked brown rice and 1/2 cauliflower rice. One of my go-to healthy dinners! Easy, kid-friendly, yummy.
Have you tried cauliflower rice? If you’re not familiar with cauliflower rice, it’s nothing more than cauliflower processed into a fine rice-like consistency. They actually sell it pre-riced at Trader Joe’s. (Always wishing I didn’t live an hour away from the closest Trader Joe’s!)
I love the idea of the cauliflower rice, but sometimes I’m let down by the texture of straight cauli-rice. This easy fried rice made of 1/2 cooked brown rice and 1/2 cauliflower rice has become one of my go-to healthy dinners! You get the nutty flavor and light texture of rice along with an extra boost of vegetables from the cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable. Cruciferous vegetables have it all in the veggie world: vitamins, fiber and cancer-fighting phytochemicals. Regularly including cruciferous vegetables in your diet like kale, broccoli and cauliflower can lower your risk of many diseases. I try to get 2-3 servings a week, and this fried rice is a great way to get some of those servings in!
This fried rice is delicious leftover so I always make a big batch and keep it for lunches during the week. It is a whole meal on it’s own or would be great with another protein. I like using this sprouted brown rice, because the sprouting process makes the rice easier to digest and quicker to cook, but any rice will do!
This is also a really kid-friendly dinner at my house. My boys love anything with soy sauce, peas or scrambled eggs. So this is always a real winner!
Chicken Fried Rice from Evolving Table
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
50/50 Cauli-Brown Rice Fried Rice
- coconut oil or avocado oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cauli-rice, see note above
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup tamari, gluten-free soy sauce + more for serving
- Whisk the eggs together with a pinch of salt until smooth. Cook in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon coconut oil until just scrambled. Remove from the pan and place on a plate. Wipe the skillet clean.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until softened, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the brown rice and cauli-rice. Cook for about 5 minutes, until heated through and the cauli-rice starts to soften.
- Add the peas and tamari and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the cooked eggs, breaking into bite-sized pieces if needed. Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers keep great in the fridge for up to 5 days.