Classic Coleslaw (Dairy-Free)! This coleslaw is just what you need at your next BBQ, potluck, or taco night!
Sometimes creamy, crisp coleslaw is just what you need to complete a meal. This is my go-to recipe for coleslaw. I’ve made it dozens of times and it’s as good as the best restaurant coleslaws I’ve had. The dressing is naturally dairy-free and made with a mayo base that you thin out with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. I like using a cleaner, non-GMO brand for the mayo like Just Mayo or Primal Kitchen. There is no reason to be afraid of the fat in mayo if it isn’t made from inflammatory GMO oils! That is good news for mayo lovers like me.
This coleslaw is perfect alongside Slow-Cooker Pinto Beans with Cornbread or as a topping for your favorite BBQ pulled pork or tacos. We ate this on slow-cooker carnitas tacos (recipe soon!) and couldn’t get enough.
For another dairy-free crowd-pleaser try this dairy-free appetizer artichoke dip.
Favorite Classic Coleslaw (Made Dairy-Free!)
For the Coleslaw:
- 10 oz shredded green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise I like using a brand like Just Mayo or Primal Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the ingredients for the coleslaw in a bowl. Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl until smooth. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw. Toss to coat and let sit for 20 minutes before serving or up to 1 hour.