Gluten-Free Dan Dan Noodles! A 20-minute, kid-friendly dinner that is perfect for busy weeknights!
I love 30-minute meals (or in this case 20-minutes!) that are full of flavor, kid-friendly and satisfying for a busy weeknight. These Gluten-Free Dan Dan Noodles are just that!
I used to love the Dan Dan Noodles at PF Changs and while PF Changs has a great gluten-free menu, the Dan Dan Noodles are sadly not.
I make this version of Dan Dan noodles with ground turkey to keep things a little lighter. I also use gluten-free spaghetti (my favorite brand is Jovial) and you’d never know.
The whole dish is tossed in a flavorful peanut sauce and topped with some chopped peanuts for crunch. Yum! I love that asian-inspired dishes are usually naturally dairy-free as well.
My kids go crazy for any kind of Asian noodle dish and always gobble these noodles up. I like serving this with some steamed broccoli or sauteed veggies for a well-round meal since the noodles themselves don’t have any vegetables.
I’m always in need of more quick, dinner ideas and I hope you like this one!
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Gluten-Free Dan Dan Noodles
For the Dan Dan Noodles:
- 12 oz gluten-free spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil, or cooking oil of choice
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari, gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, or arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped salted peanuts
- Cook the gluten-free spaghetti according to package instructions while you make the turkey/sauce.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the turkey and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Brown the turkey, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Once the turkey is cooked, add the green onions, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the sauce and stir to combine. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the sauce comes to a simmer and starts to thicken slightly.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and use tongs to toss together. Serve immediately, topping with cilantro and peanuts. Enjoy!