Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread! EASY and completely delicious! Lightly sweet and perfectly moist.
UPDATED 7/2018: This Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread is still my favorite tried-and-true recipe! I look forward to making it every year and even 3 mini loaves don’t last long at my house.
I originally developed this recipe using my gluten-free flour blend (30% buckwheat flour, 30% almond flour, 30% potato starch, and 10% arrowroot powder). I love, love how recipes turn out using my blend.
Buckwheat has elastic properties that are so helpful in gluten-free baking. The starches and almond flour also keep baked goods light and flavorful.
However, if you don’t have Erin’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend on hand you can definitely use store-bought gluten-free flour.
The amount of flour you’ll need to use will be different as my blend is less dense than most mixes.
Lately, I’ve liked using King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Measure-for-Measure Flour. If you use gluten-free all purpose flour I also recommend adding a little almond flour along with it.
Almond flour keeps gluten-free baked goods moist and gives them a delicious flavor. I buy almond flour at Costco or on Amazon.
I also think this zucchini bread it turns out so good using mini loaf pans. Mini loaves bake perfectly through on the middle without getting overbaked on the outside.
Mini gluten-free loaves also rise better. I think small slices of quick breads are fun to eat anyway!
I tested and re-tested this recipe when I was developing it. My non-gluten-free eating family members have declared it better than regular zucchini bread. I hope you like it!
Can I use a blend besides yours?
Great question! Yes – if you don’t have my gluten-free flour blend mixed up you can use 1 cup of all purpose gluten-free flour and 1/4 cup of almond flour. I like King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Flour. Be sure to use a mix that contains xanthan gum!
Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed of excess water (from about 1 large zucchini)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease 3 mini loaf pans with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk to evenly distribute.
- Add the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, mix on low to evenly combine. Add the zucchini and mix for 30 seconds or so on low to combine. Add the walnuts or chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set in the middle. Let sit in the pan for 10 minutes to cool, then turn out onto a wire rack to continue cooling. Store leftovers wrapped tightly in plastic wrap at room temperature. Enjoy!