If you’re in search of crowd-pleasing gluten-free chicken recipes, you’re in the right place. Check out this post for 10 of the BEST dinner chicken recipes.
There are 100s of recipes on my blog, but each one of these chicken recipes has stood the test of time as a TRIED-AND-TRUE reader and family favorite! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Chicken is a dinnertime staple, but sometimes it can be tricky to cook it just right. (Does dry, bland chicken sound familiar?)
Fortunately, these top recipes are all tried and true favorites. They’ve been tested again and again with many tough critics—including my family members!
Trust me when I say these recipes pass the test. You can always be sure you’re getting a tender, juicy, chicken dinner with great flavor—one that also happens to be gluten-free!
Tips for Cooking Gluten-Free Chicken
- Opt for chicken thighs: If your chicken breasts often turn out dry, try using chicken thighs instead. This affordable cut of poultry has more fat, which adds flavor and tenderness! Really, it’s hard to go wrong!
- Get a meat thermometer: As with any meat, it can be difficult to know when your chicken is really done. Eliminate the mystery by getting a meat thermometer. Remove the chicken from heat as soon as it reaches 165 degrees. If you let it cook longer, it could become dry.
- Pick up a rotisserie chicken: Sometimes cooking chicken on a weeknight feels overwhelming. Simplify by picking up a rotisserie chicken (Costco has the best deal!) and then dress it up any way you please.
- Cover with parchment paper: Place parchment paper over your chicken breast before baking to seal in the moisture and ensure a tender, juicy protein.
- Use a meat tenderizer: Chicken breasts tend to cook unevenly, but you can resolve the problem by pounding out the meat before cooking.
- Try a brine: Like turkey, chicken is a lean cut of meat that benefits from a salt and herb brine. Soak for 24 hours and you’ll have fall-apart, tender chicken!
- Bring on the fresh herbs: Fresh herbs always win out over dried! Use fresh rosemary, basil, oregano, parsley and more for a better gluten-free chicken dinner.
- Add fat: High-temperature fats like avocado oil, coconut oil, or olive oil will add richness and moisture to your chicken.
Check out this article on is rotisserie chicken gluten-free.
Best Gluten-Free Chicken Recipes
These delicious gluten-free chicken recipes have been on regular rotation in our family for years. I love that most of them make an easy meal for any night of the week.
They’re tasty enough for a fancier Sunday dinner, but quick enough for an easy dinner on a weeknight.
Many of them use simple ingredients like boneless chicken breasts, white rice, and a healthy side like broccoli florets or butternut squash. From marinades to Instant Pot recipes, I’ve covered it all!
This BEST chicken fajita marinade includes a special ingredient that isn’t typically in Mexican food— gluten-free soy sauce!
The depth of flavor it adds makes all the difference. Everyone always asks for the recipe when I make these fajitas. Little do they know what an easy marinade this is.
This Instant Pot BBQ Chicken makes for a great easy weeknight dinner. You can use it in so many ways! I like serving it on buns for chicken sandwiches or for a delicious meal over rice.
It is also one of my favorite recipes for meal prep! It’s also delicious in a BBQ chicken salad with romaine, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado and ranch dressing. This chicken is versatile, easy and delicious!
This chicken stir-fry is one of my very favorite meals to make on busy weeknights! It’s a simple recipe that my kids love and the sauce is out-of-this-world delicious.
This dish has all the vegetables and protein in one. Add some white or brown rice and you have a delicious meal!
The search is over! This is hands down my favorite recipe for gluten-free enchiladas with red sauce.
This amazing gluten-free enchiladas recipe has tender chicken, melty cheese and a flavorful homemade gluten-free enchilada sauce. Plus, it’s made with 100% gluten-free pantry staples!
This gluten-free chicken pot pie has an EASY, gluten-free biscuit topping! (No rolling or shaping pie crust needed!)
The filling is full of creamy chicken, diced potatoes, and mixed vegetables for a classic, cozy meal that everyone will love!
This gluten-free chicken with broccoli and cheddar rice is a meal that my family and I always come back to. There are just so many things to love about it.
It’s an easy, one-pan gluten-free chicken recipe that is perfect for any night of the week. My family loves this chicken broccoli rice and I love how easy it is to prepare!
I love healthy, gluten/dairy-free slow-cooker recipes that I know my family will be excited about when dinner time rolls around.
This slow-cooker moroccan apricot chicken and carrots is just that. Easy, healthy and so delicious! It makes a delicious weeknight meal served over quinoa.
What is sticky chicken? It’s a crowd-pleasing dish of tender chunks of chicken baked in a sweet and tangy pineapple glaze. This delicious recipe has been a long-time family favorite.
It actually won an award for the best recipe in a local newspaper 20 years ago! My kids are always excited when this is what’s for dinner.
This Instant Pot Southwestern Chicken and Rice is my very favorite instant pot recipe to-date! When I showed my husband how easy it was to make his mind was blown.
For this chicken dish, you really just throw everything in the instant pot and let it cook. It makes for the perfect comfort food that’s budget-friendly—with no clean-up.
This Chicken Kale and Wild Rice Salad is based on one of my very favorite restaurant salads. It is my absolute favorite because I love the contrast of textures and flavors. Not to mention it is a totally healthy and satisfying meal.
Gluten-Free Chicken FAQs
Yes, it’s easy to enjoy gluten free chicken dinners. Like all types of meat, plain chicken is naturally gluten-free. Still, some preparations may contain gluten, especially if it is breaded. If you’re ordering chicken at a restaurant, read the ingredients list to make sure the recipe doesn’t have any gluten-containing ingredients.
Rotisserie chicken is typically gluten-free. Still, it’s always smart to check the nutrition label or talk with the source to make sure the chicken is cooked in a gluten-free facility. Sometimes, flavoring or other additives may contain gluten, or the chicken may be at risk of cross-contamination.
Unfortunately, all of the chicken at KFC contains gluten—even the grilled chicken has gluten-containing ingredients. Still, there are a few dishes you can enjoy at KFC. Refer to the KFC website to find gluten-free items on the menu, such as side dishes and salads.
With these easy chicken recipes, making gluten-free chicken doesn’t have to be stressful. Even picky eaters will be happy to eat flavorful, tender chicken recipes like this. Happy cooking!
If you try one of these recipes, be sure to leave me a comment/rating in the blog post. I’d love to hear from you!