Fruit popsicles are sweet, refreshing, and perfect for a summer treat. Make this healthy popsicle recipe with fresh strawberries, coconut milk, honey, and yogurt. They’re dairy free and delicious!
Nothing goes better with hot summer afternoons like a delicious fruit popsicle. And now, you and your kids can enjoy them guilt-free, because they’re simple to make with fresh ingredients.
Just blend everything together and pour into popsicle molds. Make them first thing in the morning so they’re ready by the afternoon. Even better, pop them in the freezer overnight and you can have popsicles for breakfast!
These strawberry popsicles have creamy yogurt in them, with honey for just the right amount of sweetness. Plus, you’ll get a burst of fresh strawberry flavor with every bite.
How to Make Fruit Popsicles
You don’t need much to make this recipe; just four simple, wholesome ingredients.
- Strawberries – a whole container of fresh
- Coconut milk – milk from a carton, not a can, works the best
- Yogurt – vanilla or strawberry flavored (you can use dairy-free or regular!)
- Vegan – Use a non-dairy yogurt and a honey substitute like maple syrup or agave to make these strawberry popsicles vegan.
- Milk – You can replace the coconut milk with your favorite plant-based variety or even dairy milk. The flavor and texture will vary depending on what you use.
- Fruit – This fruit popsicle recipe can be adapted to any flavor you’d like. Just replace the strawberries with a different fruit or combination of fruits.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Clean the strawberries
First, it’s important to clean the strawberries before you use them. Doing this removes any dirt or chemicals from the field. Tip: You can do this with any type of berries, not just strawberries!
To clean the berries, fill a large bowl or a clean sink with a fruit wash mixture. You can buy some from the store, or make your own by mixing four parts water to one part vinegar.
Soak the berries for about 20 minutes (or according to the directions if you’re using a store-bought cleaner), then rinse with cool water.
Gently pat the berries dry with paper towels or a clean cloth.
After your berries are clean, follow these steps to make this healthy popsicle recipe:
- Slice the berries. Remove the stems from the strawberries and dice a portion of them. Set the diced berries aside to add to the mixture later.
- Add ingredients to a blender. Add the whole strawberries, plus the rest of the ingredients, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the diced strawberries. This is so you’ll have some fruit chunks in your popsicles.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle mold and add the sticks. Then, place the mold in the freezer until the fruit popsicles are solid.
Here are some more tips for making this summer treat.
Note on Fruits Popsicles
- If you don’t have a blender, you can also use a food processor to make this fruit popsicle recipe.
- When adding the popsicle sticks, it can help to freeze the mixture in the molds for about half an hour first. This way it’s solid enough to hold the sticks upright while still being soft enough to insert them easily.
- You can use frozen strawberries for this healthy popsicle recipe, but you may need to add a little more milk to get the mixture to be the right consistency.
- If the popsicles are stuck in the molds, try running some warm water along the bottom of the molds just long enough to loosen them. Don’t do this for too long or the popsicles will start to melt.
- Use things you have on hand instead of popsicle molds. Cups and ice cube trays are popular choices. You can even use a loaf pan and then cut into slices after the mixture freezes.
- To store the strawberry popsicles, remove them from the molds and transfer them to a Ziploc bag. They’ll keep in the freezer this way for 1-2 weeks.
If you want to make a different flavor of fruit popsicle, check out my recipe for 3-Ingredient Peach Popsicles. They hit the spot on a hot day!
I hope you love this fruit popsicle recipe as much as we do! If you try the recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below. Thank you! ♥
Strawberry Fruit Popsicles - 4 Ingredient Recipe
- 16 oz strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 5-6 oz vanilla or strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Wash and remove the stems on the strawberries. Finely dice 1/2 cup of the strawberries and leave the rest whole.
- Place the whole strawberries in the blender with the coconut milk, yogurt, and honey. Blend until smooth. Stir in the diced strawberries.
- Pour into a popsicle mold and add the sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours, until solid.
- To get the popsicles out of the mold you may need to run warm water on the bottom. You can then remove the popsicles and store them in a ziploc bag for longer storage. They will keep for 1-2 weeks. Enjoy!
- Vegan - Use a non-dairy yogurt and a honey substitute like maple syrup or agave to make these strawberry popsicles vegan.
- Milk - You can replace the coconut milk with your favorite plant-based variety or even dairy milk. The flavor and texture will vary depending on what you use.
- Fruit - This fruit popsicle recipe can be adapted to any flavor you’d like. Just replace the strawberries with a different fruit or combination of fruits.
This strawberry popsicle recipe was originally published on Jul 27, 2016. It was republished with new photos and instructions on 5/14/2020.