Hello Friends! After taking a little “maternity leave” from blogging I am back! We had our little boy on March 20th. I was 5 days overdue (which felt more like 5 months overdue…) and he weighed 9lbs 2oz and was 21 1/4 inches long. Such a big boy! Everything went so smoothly with the delivery and we couldn’t be more grateful.
A few weeks after little Graham’s arrival we also moved to a new house. We moved from San Diego to Utah for my husband’s job. Moving with a newborn was crazy! Luckily now we are mostly settled and unpacked. I’ve been loving cooking in our new kitchen!
Onto this salad dressing deliciousness – I’ve been on a kick making this avocado green goddess dressing! I’ve been putting it on everything from salads, to quinoa/hummus bowls, to breakfast hash. It has become my go-to when I’m craving something creamy and fresh-tasting. It is also a great stand-in for ranch dressing if you’re trying to avoid dairy. It definitely has the flavors for that kid-appeal. My favorite thing I’ve paired with this dressing is a rosemary salmon burger. I served the salmon burger over a bed of quinoa and arugula then smothered it with green goddess dressing. Heavenly! This dressing would be fabulous with any kind of baked fish. Or any salad, crudites plate, or wrap for the matter! Enjoy!
- 2 small avocados
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use Herbamare
- seasoned salt)
- 1 small handful fresh flat leaf parsley
- Place the avocado, vinegar, mayonnaise, olive oil, water, and salt in a high-speed blender or food processor. Process until completely smooth. Add more water to thin if needed and salt to taste, then blend again.
- Add the parsley and pulse until it is finely chopped. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy!