I have been a little chia-crazed lately! This chocolate chia seed custard might just be my favortie chia seed creation yet. It is creamy and decadent, but full of wholesome ingredients. It tastes as rich and delicious as any dairy-based chocolate pudding . It is sweetened only with dates and a little maple syrup. Like my Banana Chia Seed Custard, this custard healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
I love the texture of chia seeds in pudding. Chia seeds are also so good for you! They are full of fiber, omega-3s, protein, and many trace nutrients. They leave you feeling full and satisfied, making this a great on-to-go breakfast.
I love making chia puddings the night before and having them waiting for me in the fridge the next morning. This chia pudding also fits the ticket when I’ve craving something sweet and chocolaty at the end of the day.
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder, or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6-8 dates
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the custard into 4-6 jars or ramekins. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours). Serve with bananas, coconut milk whipped cream, chocolate shavings, chopped nuts, etc. Enjoy!