Since cutting back on dairy and sugar, this “milkshake” has satisfied my sweet tooth and ice cream cravings many times. If you think having avocado in a chocolate shake sounds sketchy, you are not alone. But give it a try! I was happily surprised that you can’t even taste the avocado. It just gives the shake a rich and creamy texture.
One of my favorite things to do after a long week is to curl up next to my husband, watch a show and have a treat. This shake is the perfect guilt-free movie-watching treat! It is also delicious for breakfast. Both my husband and my almost 2-year old love it. If you find you are a fan of the chocolate-avocado combination, this chocolate pudding is also delicious!
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Chocolate Banana Avocado Milkshake
- 2 cups cold almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey, + more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more honey to taste if desired. Enjoy!