Moist and flavorful gluten-free pumpkin bread is a fall favorite. This bread is easy to make and loaded with sweet cinnamon spice, chocolate chips and tons of pumpkin!
For more gluten-free quick breads check out my full collection of well-tested Gluten-Free Muffins and Quick Breads.
When September rolls around this gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip bread is my very favorite thing to make! Every slice is perfectly moist and spiced with cinnamon. The texture is spot on (no crumbly loaves here) and every bite has plenty of chocolate chips. It wouldn’t be fall without it!
The Best Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
It took me quite a few tries to get this gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe right! I wanted a classic loaf with good rise and flavor. I also wanted to create this recipe with easy-to-find ingredients. After testing this recipe several times, here are the tricks I found to making perfect, gluten-free pumpkin bread.
- A high-quality 1:1 baking flour. I always have this King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Measure-for-Measure Flour in my pantry to make other recipes (like these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies and this gluten-free pizza crust) and it works great in this recipe!
- A little bit of almond flour. Adding almond flour to gluten-free baked goods is one of my favorite tricks for achieving good texture, flavor and browning. If you need this recipe to be nut-free – look at the recipe card below for substitutions.
- Lemon juice. Lemon juice helps activate the baking powder/soda and gives this bread a little extra lift. I also wanted to keep the loaf dairy-free so it works well with the almond milk.
- Less oil. This recipe uses less oil than other pumpkin bread recipes. This is because gluten-free flours aren’t as absorptive as regular flour. The almond flour itself also contains fat that adds body and richness.
This gluten-free pumpkin bread couldn’t be easier to make! No mixer required. Just 2 bowls and a loaf pan!
How to Make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
STEP ONE: Mix together the DRY INGREDIENTS.
STEP TWO/THREE: Mix together the WET INGREDIENTS.
STEP FOUR: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and STIR TO COMBINE.
STEP FIVE: Add the CHOCOLATE CHIPS or nuts.
STEP SIX: BAKE!
Tip: This loaf will bake up well in either a 9×5 or an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan. I prefer using the smaller size pan so the bread is a little taller, but either will work!
Unlike other gluten-free baked goods this gluten-free pumpkin bread stores very well and is great the next day. I love serving it alongside quiche or Sausage Breakfast Casserole for a make-ahead holiday breakfast.
Every time I make this pumpkin bread nobody can tell it is gluten-free! I hope your family it as much as we do.
If you make this recipe leave me a comment below!
I’d love to hear from you 🙂
More Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipes:
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Instant Pot Creamy Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Also check out these delicious Pumpkin Cupcakes from Texanerin Baking!
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
What should you make for DINNER TONIGHT?
Check out my Gluten-Free Tried-and-True Dinner Recipes!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, or regular milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2-2/3 cup chocolate chips, pecans, or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan. (A 9x5 will work as well, but the bread won't be as tall.)
- In a medium bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Whisk to evenly combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar and eggs until smooth. Add the almond milk, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients and mix to throughly combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Allow the bread to cool before slicing. Enjoy!