No-Bake Vegan Cherry Cheesecake Bars! So delicious you’d never guess they are dairy free! (Gluten-Free)
There is no dessert more perfect for summer than this! Have you tried vegan “cheesecake” yet? I’ll admit I was highly skeptical that cheesecake made with cashews, coconut milk, and lemon juice could create anything that even compared to the real-deal.
However, this No-Bake Vegan Cherry Cheesecake is completely delicious in it’s own right! If you’re skeptical – make this and you’ll be surprised!
The crust is made with walnuts, dates, and oats and couldn’t be easier. Then you blend up the filling and pour it over the crust. This creamy, rich cheesecake is put over-the-top with the sweet cherry topping.
This is the dessert I want to make all summer long. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, refined-sugar-free, and even paleo if you swap out the oats for more walnuts. See the video below for how to make it!
This dairy-free chocolate cheesecake recipe also looks amazing!
I have so much fun putting these video recipes together! I’ve decided to focus my blog on one quality post a week with a video. I love watching food videos myself because I think they make the whole process more approachable.
I know gluten-free/clean-eating (not that everything on my blog is healthy!) recipes can be intimidating. So I hope the videos help!
Make this cheesecake for the 4th of July! You won’t regret it!
More Vegan Desserts:
No-Bake Vegan Cherry Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust:
- 1 cup dates pitted (about 14 large date)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- pinch of salt
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked (see note above)
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or 1/4 cup cane sugar + 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
For the Cherry Topping:
- 16 oz frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice juice of 1 lemon
- Line an 8x8 inch dish with parchment paper. In the bowl of a food processor, process the dates and walnuts until they are in small chunks. Add the oats and salt and pulse until the whole mixture is finely chopped. Press the crust into the prepared dish. Let sit in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Place the ingredients for the cheesecake in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over the crust. Freeze the cheesecake for at least 6 hours until set it. It can then be cut into bars and kept in the fridge until serving. If your cheesecake is frozen longer than 6 hours, let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- While the cheesecake freezes make the cherry topping. Place all the ingredients for the topping in a saucepan set over medium heat. Heat, stirring constantly at first until the cornstarch and sugar are dissolved. Continue to cook until the mixture comes to a simmer. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes until thick and bubbly. Pour into a bowl and chill until serving.
- Serve each slice of cheesecake topped with the cherries. Enjoy!
This Vegan No-Bake Apple Pie also looks delicious!