Peanut Butter Monster Cookies! Chewy, rich and decadent. Easy, flourless cookies you can load with your favorite treats. Naturally gluten-free!
Oh my. These Peanut Butter Monster Cookies are rich, decadent and loaded with goodies.
Peanut butter and chocolate is my weakness and a few of these warm out of the oven can’t be beat. These cookies are flourless and naturally gluten-free. Thanks to gluten-free quick oats they also have a delicious chewy texture!
Last summer I met up with my best friends from college for a girls reunion trip. We had a blast staying up until 2am talking, reminiscing and laughing every night. Even though our 30-year-old Mom bodies don’t have the same stamina as our 18-year-old-selves – it was worth the lost sleep!
My friends are always so thoughtful of my need to be gluten-free whenever we get together. My friend who hosted the trip planned out a totally gluten-free menu for the reunion – including delicious treats like chocolate fondue and flourless peanut butter monster cookies.
Her cookies were loaded with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and mini M&Ms. All my non-gluten-free friends loved them and I’ve dreamed about them ever since.
After the girls trip I created this version of monster cookies and made them for my husband’s whole family at our family reunion.
They were the promised reward (bribe) for all the kids making it through family pictures – all my nieces and nephews went crazy for them!
These cookies are decadent, addictive and perfect if you’re a new or seasoned gluten-free baker. Here are some notes about this recipe:
No fancy gluten-free flours needed: This recipe called for gluten-free oat flour you grind up in a blender from gluten-free oats. No need to buy any fancy ingredients! I’ve you’re making these for gluten-free friends just be sure to use certified gluten-free quick oats. Regular quick oats can be contaminated with wheat flour.
Use gluten-free quick oats: These cookies have an amazing chewy texture, but don’t fall apart because of the oat flour and the use of quick oats. These cookies will fall apart more if you make them with regular oats. So I recommend the quick.
Add any mix-ins you like: You can add 1 cup of any mix-ins you like to these cookies. My favorite combination is mini peanut butter cups (from Trader Joe’s) and dark chocolate chips. Seasonal colored M&Ms are also fun – try red and green for Christmas. The options are endless!
More Delicious Gluten-Free Cookies:
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies from Texanerin Baking
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies from Veggie BalancePrint
Peanut Butter Monster Cookies! Easy, GLUTEN-FREE rich and decadent cookies!
You can add 1 cup of any mix-ins you like to these cookies! My favorite combination is mini peanut butter cups (from Trader Joe’s) and dark chocolate chips. Seasonal colored M&Ms are also fun. The options are endless!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats, ground to flour in blender
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1 cup mix-ins (any combination of chocolate chips, mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, M&Ms, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter. Beat together until light and fluffy for 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy. Add the oat flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining gluten-free oats and mix-ins of choice. Stir or mix until combined.
- Scoop the dough and roll into 1- or 2-inch balls. Place on parchment or silpat-lined (or lightly greased) large, rimmed baking sheets, placing them a couple inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden and set.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links to my favorite products.